Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A miracle, every one.

A series of very scary events, led to getting an unexpected glimpse of our sweet one.  Everything is fine.  In fact, the ninja was in there flipping, punching and kicking away.  I think he was trying to show me that all is well. It worked.  It is never too late for a new perspective and today I got one.  I have spent most of this pregnancy waiting, wishing time would go faster.  It's mostly driven by fear, if I can just get to 12 weeks, if I can just get to the next sonogram, if I can just get to the next appointment.  Tomorrow is promised to no one.  This isn't how I want to enjoy the miracle of growing a human.  So, today marks a new beginning.  Today, I will appreciate every moment (even when acid reflux has burned my esophagus, I've eaten a whole roll of saltines with no relief, and none of my clothes fit) and tomorrow I'll be thankful for a new day.

Here is today's picture of baby skeletor.  Today, he's 11 weeks old and the size of a fig!  He's laying on his back, feet up, facing the camera.  Don't worry, he actually has eyes and a nose - not just dark, creepy holes.  :)  I think he looks like Chris, or an ant.  Either way, I love all 2 inches of him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment