Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Kumquat?

This is apparently the size of the guy growing in my belly.  But what is it?! 
45. Nagami Kumquat

Okay, it's apparently some sort of strange tiny orange?  Is there another fruit option that our baby could be because the word kumquat makes me giggle uncomfortably.

The kumq...er...tiny orange has entered the fetal stage which means all of the major developments are done forming, now on to the growing stage!  He looks like an alien.  I'm not going to lie, it's a little strange growing a human and all.  But at least the tail and webbed feet are gone, we are officially not having a tadpole!  Hooray!

Granted I haven't been pregnant for very long and only a few people even know, but please God do not say these things to me (or any pregnant lady):
1. "You'll want an epidural.  I've seen labor and it is horrific."  Great, thanks for the advice.  I'll probably cry at home about this later and it will be your fault.
2.  "Are you sure you want to eat that?"  Hell yes I'm sure I want to eat that.  I want to eat everything!!!  I am GROWING A HUMAN!!!
3.  After getting off the scale at the doctor's office..."weight is _____."  Okay, great.  Now I can no longer pretend that I haven't gained weight because not only have you said my weight out loud but you've said it OUT LOUD to my very skinny and fit husband.  Awesome.  He lovingly pretended that he didn't hear and I love him for it.
4.  "Baylor Hospital is the best place to give birth in Dallas, it always wins a bunch of awards."  Ya, well I'm birthing at Presby so suck it.

4 comments:

  1. hahahahahahah
    love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to know that we'll both be delivering at Dallas' second best hospital. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whatever, Presby rocks my socks off and they have delicious food. Good choice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Kel! I'm totally satisfied with the choice.

    ReplyDelete