Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I'm a cliche


Isn't this why all women start blogs? But, for the sake of family and friends near and far (although admittedly a lot of my NY family doesn't even have internet access) I'll be documenting our raspberry here, among other randomness.


Here he/she is in all their 1/2 inch glory. For the sake of ease, I'll be referring to it as him even though we have no proof of that to date. He'll be joining our little family somewhere around 11/8. Of course we have our fingers crossed for 11/11/11, because well, that would rock.


I should start at the beginning. On February 26th, I peed on a stick, checked it - nothing, went back to sleep. That's the last time I check something important in the dark. Woke up, went to throw it away, holy mary - there's actually a faint line. Disbelief turns into peeing on another stick, another faint line. I'm thinking I should wait and tell Chris only when I'm sure. I don't know where this logic came from, but 15 minutes later I thrust the stick at him and say (giggling) "I think it might be positive?" More disbelief, 35 more pee sticks all positive, including some that actually say "pregnant". Okay, maybe this is real?


Fast forward to last Monday, our first sonogram. I lay back and almost instantaneously there it is, our little life changer, with a strong beating heart. I cry. I can't see Chris, but I know that he is diligently pirating a recording of the heartbeat just like I asked. Sidenote - when the lights came up Chris was more or less white with shock. I guess I wasn't the only one that needed to see it to believe it. :)


There you have it. Our lives will never be the same, in the best way possible. It goes without saying that Chris and I are shocked, ecstatic, scared, and closer than we've ever been.

No comments:

Post a Comment