Tuesday, April 26, 2011

3.5 vs 9?

My doctor (stupid nurse keeps saying my weight out loud!) says I've gained 3.5 lbs, but my scale at home says 9.  I'm going to go with the doctor, I mean they don't make a ton of cash a year to be wrong about these things.

My Iphone app says I'll start to show next week, but that is completely ridiculous since it looks like I've eaten donuts every day for a year without ever leaving the couch - TODAY.  So far, I've only really cried (hard) about none of my clothes fitting once.  Which seems pretty good to me.  It is a hard thing, watching your body change in a society that likes stick figures.  But I will battle hard to appreciate every pound, inch and curve because it means that this baby is growing.  But please, when you see me do not tell me how big I am.  Please refrain from asking if I'm having twins, as I am not.  And when I tell you that I'm not, please don't ask me "are you sure? looks like twins."  It is also just common courtesy, to ask to touch my stomach before you do.  I will say yes, but again - it's just common courtesy to ask before you thrust your appendage onto my personal space.  Thanks in advance.

Here is something I'm looking forward to indulging in -


Oh and we've done a bunch of stuff to the outside of our house - isn't it looking good?!  As a special treat you can see Milo in the reflection on the new storm door.

No comments:

Post a Comment