Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I like secrets!!

I like to keep secrets and tell secrets. I like everything about secrets actually. I would say my success at keeping this grape (ya, it's a grape this week!) a secret has had moderate success. I know you probably think I told Chris first, but you'd be wrong. I told Amanda. Oops. The thing was...I just wasn't sure it was true so I had to get a non-biased second opinion. Anyway, I digress - here are the stories of the people I've told so far.


Dogs

I'm sorry but this story wouldn't be complete without including how we told the rest of our family.




















You can tell the news really disrupted their days. I think people are nervous about how our dogs will be once the grape joins us. I was talking about this with someone recently, just telling them that I'm afraid that I'll start to hate my buddies, how will they cope and they put it this way "There are people that like dogs and there are dog people. You are a dog person." You are wise friend, I will continue to love my dogs. I will make sure of it.


Trinity & Finley are cool with it. Finley's disappointed to lose his favorite spot in the house, but I'm sure the companionship of a new friend will make up for it. (Yes, we talk for our dogs.) Milo on the other hand, being the follower that he is now thinks he has a baby on the way. Each day he asks me things like "How big is my baby now?" or "I'm so tired, the baby's been kicking all day." and "So you aren't supposed to eat babies right?"


Mom, Dad & their partners





Sorry about the sideways picture, I don't have the energy or the will to fix it.


So, we trek to Tyler. We wrapped up each onesie complete with bows.


We visited Mom & Casey first. They were both surprised and excited. I think the onesie is now stuck to their refrigerator.


Dad & Bryn were next. I wish I had a picture of their face. Both of them started to scream (once they figured out that it wasn't a dog shirt - like I'd buy dog clothes.), then cry, then babble. Ha. It was greatness. Of course, my Dad crying made me cry. Cue lots of hugging. I thought my dad would die when I told him that he'd have to keep it a secret from our family until May. I know it's killing him, in a good way.


Friends

It turned out to be a great thing to tell Amanda first, because she came up with the way to tell the rest of our friends at a camping trip we had planned.















There was some confusion because Amanda is notorious for doing strange things (like buy a cake with a stork on it for no reason). But in the end, hugs, joy and curiosity all around. I have great friends.

We have told about a dozen (I told you we were only moderately good at keeping secrets) other people, all of which we love. But none of which include great pictures.


To my family & friends that are in on our great secret: this grape is so lucky to have you.

2 comments:

  1. Wait, you mean I wasn't first?! First at work at least...right?? Cute stories!! Cute cake!!

    ReplyDelete