Tuesday, October 4, 2011

What in the world is going on?!

I decided to put the rest of the shenanigans happening in a post all to itself.  After all, no nasty possum should share space with the description of our fun anniversary weekend.

We came home from our weekend to find a possum had taken residence in our house.  Not in the walls of our house, behind our living room furniture.  My theory on how it arrived there - it did what possums do and played dead.  Let me start at the beginning, our dogs have a tendency to hunt animals that make the unfortunate decision to come into our backyard.  They come in and out via dog door anytime they want, so the results of the hunting expeditions usually end up in the house.  So, I think they caught the poor fella, he played dead (an action that saved his life...maybe) and he came to life in the house to scurry behind the furniture where the dogs couldn't get him.  To make a long story short, with help from our friend Paul, we shooed the poor guy out the front door.  He eventually hobbled down the driveway and into our neighbors backyard.  For comfort, I'm pretending that he will live a full life - even with whatever injuries he sustained while being hunted.

I didn't get a picture of Petey Possum, but trust me when I say possums are ugly creatures.  This is especially true when you're viewing them from inside your own living room.

Next, our poor buddy Finley got stung by something that caused an allergic reaction.  By the time I caught it, his face was the size of a pumpkin.  Here's a picture comparison of what our boy looks like pre sting and post sting.

Poor guy, he had to get 2 shots before the swelling started to subside.  It was a sad, sad day for him but he's feeling much better now!!

On to the baby - 35 weeks along with 35 days to go!!

Our baby is currently over 5 lbs and all the vital bits are developed.  He'll spend the next 5 weeks focused on gaining weight until he shows his beautiful face to the world.  I cannot wait.  This pregnancy has gotten very uncomfortable in the past 48 hours.  I think the baby shifted, which might be unrelated but I've also been having a lot of contractions, back pain and pelvic pain.  I'm hoping this isn't a sign he's coming early, but on the other hand 5 weeks of this will be a serious beating.  I don't have a belly picture, but here's one my friend took when we hunted down the mobile sno cone stand.


Yes, I'm very pregnant.  I'm also very excited to be at the sno cone stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment