Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stuck between a rock and an uncomfortable place

I'm more than a little tired of being told that my body knows, when the baby's ready, blah blah blah.  It's so easy to spout these things when you aren't carrying a giant sack of potatoes on the front of your body.  I KNOW that it's better for him to stay in there for as long as he wants.  I KNOW THIS.  But that does not stop me from googling "how to get the baby to come" and "natural ways to induce labor" 5 times a day at work.  The truth is, I want this baby out - now.  Possibly that makes me a bad mother already...I guess the only redeeming quality I have is that I haven't actuall followed through with any of the steps to get him out.  Why am I constantly learning a lesson in patience?!  I feel like I'm fairly patient when compared to the average person.  I don't seethe during traffic...usually.  I don't snap at people who click their pen non-stop, but I guess that's mostly because glaring at them is just as effective.  Maybe I deserve this lesson in patience after all.

The problem is, I know it's better for this baby to come down so he can exit naturally.  I feel anxious that this needs to happen soon in order to avoid a c-section.  But the truth is, so says my very experienced aunt who happens to be a labor & delivery nurse & a lamaze teacher, that it'll likely happen in the next few weeks on its own.  My new mantra is "everyone's _________ is different."  Insert:  labor, body, baby, last few weeks, etc. 

The bottom line is:  this baby will come out one way or another.  Likely sometime between now and the next 33 days (I added a week bc first time babies are notoriously late).  After all, even though I'm anxiously awaiting this sweet one's arrival, I could do with a few more nights sleep, dinners out, lazy Sundays on the couch.

Let's make a deal baby.  I won't rush you out, if you'll agree to not come on my birthday.  :)

Because I know you want it...

No comments:

Post a Comment