Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Anniversary Weekend!

Chris and I decided early on in marriage that we'd alternate planning our anniversary festivities each year.  I went first, so it was my turn again (we're celebrating 3 years for those who flunked 1st grade math).  It was difficult to plan since I'm really not supposed to leave the Dallas area and flying was definitely out.  I eventually decided that we'd stay the weekend at the Belmont, our favorite and where we stayed after our wedding.  During the weekend, we had a ton of fun activities that I planned!

But first, before we even left the house I got the best surprise ever!  Chris surprised me with an anniversary present (we don't exchange gifts normally) and it's a fantastic new camera.  I mentioned literally ONE time that I wish we could get a new camera before the baby comes and he remembered.  I am beyond words excited about the new camera and all the memorable pictures it will capture of our son.  A million thank yous to the best husband ever.

First, we went to the fair an annual tradition.  We do it as part of the anniversary weekend because we went there will all our favorite people in the wedding the day before we got married.  I love the fair.  I love corn dogs, funnel cake, the people, everything.  We had to cut it a bit short because all the walking induced some seriously painful contractions.  But we had time to eat some corn dogs and try the fried bubble gum, see picture below!  It's really a fried marshmallow and I'd give it a 5 out of 10.



Next, we decided spur of the moment to see Moneyball at the Angelika.  It was pretty good, almost made me like the Oakland A's.  Almost.

Next, we checked in at the Belmont where we had a beautiful terrace suite with fantastic views of downtown.  If you haven't visited the Belmont, I highly recommend it.  Not only does it have fantastic rooms and views, but it has a delicious restaurant and bar.  Both of which have won awards locally in Dallas.  The restaurant is called Smoke and the bar, is Bar Belmont.

I forgot to take pictures of our room, but here's one of the view!



We ordered delicious Smoke room service and stayed in on Friday night.  Such a fun start!

Saturday morning we woke up and ate Smoke again for breakfast.  It was really good!  We walked around Bishop Arts for awhile until our massage appointment at 1pm.  We got a couples massage, which was fantastic even though I had to get it on my side. 

We had originally planned on going to Smoke for dinner, but that seemed like overkill so we went to Tillman's Roadhouse instead.  It is, in my opinion, the best moderately expensive food in Dallas.  Yum.  We finished up the night with treats from Cretia's, who bakes my favorite cake in the world.

Sunday we woke up, checked out and headed the Cowboys game.  I cannot believe I didn't take a picture.  :(  We had really good seats so our view of the Cowboys meltdown was spectacular.  I'm sorry Chris for getting us tickets to the worst lost in Cowboys history.  It was fun regardless!

No comments:

Post a Comment