Monday, October 10, 2011

Stubborn baby.

I was surprised to hear the doctor today tell me that the baby is still really high.  I know that birth is imminent, but the little guy still has weeks to make the move into my bony pelvis....right?  She started already preparing me, that if he doesn't drop there is a high likelihood I won't be able to birth naturally.  Now I know some of you pro natural childbirth people are now freaking out that my doctor is jumping to a c-section, but that's not the case.  She is putting the thought in my head very early on that this labor might not go the way I envisioned it, which is something that I, quite frankly, love about her.  It would be devastating to not talk about the possibility of a c-section and then end up with one.  At any rate, I have 4 weeks to coax the guy down and out.  Everything else checked out to be as normal as it's been the entire pregnancy, no concerns whatsoever.  She's guessing (she lectured me about how often they are wrong about guessing) he's about 6 lbs, which she determined by squeezing various bits of my stomach together.  He did not enjoy the squeeze and it has been susequently causing contractions on and off today as a result.  Don't worry, they're the fake contractions.  I think he's pretty comfortable in there, so I don't think he'll make an early appearance.

My sweet friends at work threw us a shower last friday.  I wish I had the foresight to bring a camera, but I didn't.  It was fun and we really appreciate the generosity & kindness that we've received from all our friends & family.  I can't say enough, this is one lucky baby.  But it's nothing compared to how lucky I feel.

I finished washing all his clothes, sheets, blankets, socks, etc.  I even sterilized all the bottles & pacis.  Is this nesting?  I have no clue, I just think it's good preparation.  Chris thinks it's insanity.  I think he doesn't fully understand that the kid is fully baked in one week.  One week.  Well, one week until he's full term.  4 weeks until my due date.

I also finished up his room, which I posted on facebook - so enjoy the pictures there.  It turned out to be everything I wanted and more.  It's bright, colorful and comfortable.  I love it.  The dogs love it.  I hope he'll love it.

Oh, and I got my 2nd stranger belly rub.  This is every bit as awkward as it sounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment