Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Full term, and fully ready.

21 days left until the day you're supposed to come out, but I know you won't.  It's funny that we count down from this day and babies are rarely born on it.  Oh well, I don't really care.  Counting down gives me a boost to keep going.  Growing a baby is truly hard work.  I'm not sure I've ever done anything every day for 9 months, but I have been growing this baby on a daily basis for a number of months.  I'm tired.  I'm impatient.  I'm anxious.  I'm ready.  Ready, ready, ready. 

Yesterday, I had contractions all day and I secretly jumped with glee thinking that maybe this boy will make an early appearance.  Bah.  After some rest and water, the contractions stopped and he seemed to hunker down for another day.  The doctor says his head is still high, but I'm hopeful that the contractions might have worked him a bit lower.  Fingers crossed.  It wouldn't be the end of the world to have a c-section, but it isn't my first choice.

I feel like celebrating today (although I'd feel more like celebrating if I hadn't been up from 3:30 am - 5:30 am).  I was never at any risk to not carry this baby to full term, but it feels like an accomplishment nonetheless.  Happy full term day baby!  I'm so glad that you've stuck it out to full term...now feel free to come out whenever you're ready. 

Oh and because I'm counting - I have 13 days of work left.  Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment