Monday, August 1, 2011

99 days to go!!

We've hit double digits, crazy!

This week I think I'll work on complaining less.  :)  We'll see how it goes.  I'll try to ignore that I've been sweating since May, my back feels like someone stabbed me and my feet look like those of someone double my poundage.  I'll ignore all of that and focus on something else...anything else.  No one likes a whiner.

Today, Chris and I go to the doctor.  I'm always excited to hear this baby's heartbeat, sometimes I wish she'd leave it there a little longer so I can have a nice long listen.  I wonder if that will ever get old?  And, believe it or not I only have one more monthly appt then I start going every 2 weeks!!  I can't believe it, yes yes it's a month away but still it seems like we just found out the little wiggler had joined our family.

I (finally) broke out the sewing machine and got some stuff done for the room.  I finished the bed skirt and the curtains.  Which I'm pretty proud of, I managed to save a ton of fabric by sewing the crib skirt with velcro so it doesn't run under the mattress but instead hangs from the crib itself.  Yes, I'm a genius.  I also finished the dresser (ok you convinced me, I'll include a picture below) which turned out so so cute.  I spray painted a set of number cabinet pulls and switched them out for the ones the dresser came with.  It'll double as a changing table.  One quick adventure in sewing (I'm pretty sure my mom taught me this when I was 10, but that was a LONG time ago!).  It's better to wash and dry the fabric BEFORE you actually sew it.  I had finished the curtains and decided to wash them so they'd look brand new (I'm re-using them from the room) and when they came out of the dryer they were, of course, shrunken.  A lot.  They were about 10 inches too short.  Awesome.  Well, it was awesome because I added a panel of material I already had to turn them into super fabulous curtains.  Now, I super love them.

Anyway, until next time - Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment