Tuesday, August 9, 2011

27 weeks along and 91 days to go!

Is this my third trimester?  I have no clue.  I think it officially starts next week, but everything I read says something different.  It doesn't make sense to me that the 3rd trimester would start at 28 weeks, when there are only 12 weeks left.  If pregnancy was really divided into 3, then it should have started at 26 and 5 days.
40 weeks = 280 days / 3 = 93.3333 / 7 = 13.3 weeks in each trimester
Am I the only one that completed this math?  Oh well, so I'll wait to celebrate entering the 3rd trimester next week.

This week the baby is the WEIGHT of a head of cauliflower.  I feel the need to specify that this is a weight representation only, bc it disturbs me to picture my baby in the shape of a cauliflower.  I love this baby, all 2 lbs and 14 1/2 inches of it.  It amazes me that it is already so big.  I read recently that once I hit 26 weeks, there is a very good chance this baby would survive if it decided to join us early.  Full term is 37 weeks, so that's the goal of course, but I'm relieved to learn that the baby could survive in the worst case scenario of a premature birth.

I'll go back to the doctor next week for a glucose test and some other random tests.  Fingers crossed for good results.  Then, it's back to the doctor every 2 weeks!  Whew, that's a lot of work.

Here are some things I'm really looking forward to in the next few weeks:
1.  Celebrating this baby with my closest friends & family!  It's a bonus that there will be cake there.
2.  Curiousity fuels this one - seeing how much bigger my stomach is going to get
3.  Being able to identify the body parts that keep nudging me from the inside
4.  Cooler weather, please god - I'm roasting, make it stop.
5.  Lamaze class - mostly bc I want to see Chris awkwardly sit on the floor and look uncomfortable around so much vagina talk.
6.  My family visiting from NY!!
7.  Our friends visiting from California!!
8.  Finally having something to do at work, other than internet shop, read "damn you autocorrect" and listen to audiobooks.
9.  Getting closer to meeting this sweet baby, whom I love so much already it's baffling.

Wow, I suck at waiting - so I'll post a picture of another baby room project that's nearly finished.
It's our family tree.  Or it will be eventually, when I hunt down a bunch more frames and put in pictures of our family in them!  You can see my Gram and Gramps hanging there already.  I'm excited to have something that displays all the love and support this baby will grow up having.  Yes, I painted it.  But before you get impresed, painting a tree (especially one with no leaves) is easier than it looks.  Trust me, I'm no da Vinci.

No comments:

Post a Comment