Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Third Trimester. :)

I feel like I should celebrate!  I know it sounds completely ridiculous, since you don't typically celebrate at this stage of the pregnancy.  But that doesn't stop me from FEELING like I should celebrate.  Even the baby is currently dancing a jig in there.  Hello baby, I'm excited too. 

This week our baby is somewhere between 15 inches and 16 inches long and around 2 1/2 lbs.  It's vegetable comparison:
The chinese cabbage.  

I think it's important to understand that they're now just comparing the baby's weight to vegetables and not the size.  Although, for all I know a chinese cabbage could be 15-16 inches long.  I have never actually seen one. 

At 28 weeks, our baby is now blinking (with it's newly developed eye lashes!), swallowing, breathing (this might seem strange, but it's just starting to breath amniotic fluid as practice for breathing outside the womb), and seeing light.  It will spend the next 12 weeks putting on weight, so it comes out with lovable and squeezable cheeks.  I love you I love you I love you.

On another note, I'm currently stuck in a situation where I don't really know what to do.  Someone close to me feels that I've done something to wrong them.  Simultaneously, I feel completely hurt by what they did/said.  The result is that we haven't talked in over a month.  This weighs heavy on my heart because it's happening during a time when I want that person around and I need their support.  The problem is, I'm always the one making it right or letting hurtful things go or defending the mean things they do and quite frankly, I'm tired of it.  But now I'm stuck somewhere between rage and guilt with a healthy dose of sadness.  What do I do now?  I have tried to put it right twice, but the other half of this equation hasn't returned my calls either time.  Sigh. 

Changing tunes, my office is across from a hotel here in downtown.  I overlook one side of the hotel where the same hotel room window is open every day I sit here.  We're talking 4 years.  I feel the need to investigate, but instead I just stare at it each day wondering what in the world is going on in there.  Dear window, why are you always open when all your neighbors are closed?  I waste a lot of time wondering about things that don't really matter.  :)  I won't even get into the fact that EVERY time I see someone come out on the roof of the building directly across from me, I expect them to jump off of it.  Morbid.

On a happy note, Chris is on a two week break from class so I finally get to spend some time with him each night.  I wonder if there will ever be a time when I don't miss him when he's gone? 

No comments:

Post a Comment