Friday, August 26, 2011

Our son!

I have a few stories to tell today, one of which even Chris has never heard.

First, the short version of finding out our baby's sex.
We went into the sonogram having decided that we'll ask the sonographer to write it down for us IN CASE we decided we wanted to know.  And so she did.  Then we walked out of the sonographer's office into the hospital lobby, sat down and opened the dang envelope.  :)  We made it approximately 3 minutes and 10 feet holding that fateful envelope before we opened it.  I apologize now for the fib of "we aren't finding out."  It seemed easier than, we know but aren't telling.  At any rate, the next decision we made was that we'd share our news at our shower.  It was really fun and I highly recommend doing things this way.  First, it was sweet and special for us to find out together on our own terms (that lobby has never meant more to me).  Second, telling people in person when you are way farther along is fun.  Third, if you tell people AT your shower then you've avoided getting 15 sailor suits for your litle fella (none of which he'll ever wear).

My second story is one that might be moderately embarassing to reveal, but what the heck.
Chris and I decided to stop preventing pregnancy in January.  So of course on January 2nd, I starting obsessively reading about pregnancy, conception, etc.  While I was reading about that, I heard about a conception psychic.  And then I paid $7 to get one.  :)  On my honor, this is the email I received from her:

Your reading reveals that your BFP news comes the end of February/beginning of March from a cycle that begins in February. The baby shows as a boy and his EDD/birth date is referenced the month of November 2011 - specific reference to the 7th and 16th.

The best onesie ever:

No comments:

Post a Comment