Thursday, July 28, 2011

Motivation

Today, my work tried to motivate me by sticking a sign in the bathroom stall.  Instead, the sign had the opposite effect.  I fought the urge to rip it off and throw it down.  Seriously, are no things sacred?  I don't need to be reminded to thank a team mate while taking a pee.  It seems to me that there should be a general rule about motivational signs when your pants are down around your ankles.  I'm just sayin...

But speaking of motivation, I could use some.  The combination of this baby sucking the life out of me and the 3 weeks (and counting) of 100 degree weather has zapped me of all motivation to do...well anything.  All I can think of is going home to my comfortable 73 degrees and changing into my pajamas.  I know that I NEED to stop fighting the urge to nest and just do it already, maybe then I'll stop being chased by cleaning supplies in my dreasm.  I know that I SHOULD really attempt to set up my sewing machine so I can work on the projects I have, after all time is ticking.  I HAVE to take the dogs for a walk, but I'm honestly afraid that one or all of us will drop dead from heat stroke.  I can't muster the motivation to do anything.  I haven't even finished the Tina Fey book I started a few weeks ago which is hilarious.  All of these things have left me feeling a little underwhelmed and unprepared for this baby. 

That is until I read that sign in the bathroom stall...

Oh fine, here's a belly shot to get you through the week (or an example of why horizontal stripes are a mistake, um all the time):

The baby is the size of an eggplant and my uterus apparently the size of a soccer ball.  My double chin on the other hand, is the size of...well my first chin times 2.

2 comments:

  1. So, you've already seen and felt Baby Jordan move, correct? I'm trying to get an estimate of when I might expect to feel something. :)

    Oh, and that shirt looks too cute on you! I think stripes are okay when accenting an adorable baby bump...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I felt the baby move around...20 weeks? Give or take a week. At first, I wasn't sure but then all of the sudden it moved so hard that I knew exactly what it was. And it hasn't stopped since. I didn't believe people when they said when it happens you'll know and it will happen all the time. But it's true. The baby moves so much now you can see my clothes & stomach actually move. Kind of awesome!

    ReplyDelete