Monday, July 18, 2011

113 days to go.

Tomorrow marks 6 months.  I cannot believe it.  It's so strange that it feels like it's taking forever and going too fast all at once.  I'm anxious to meet this little one that kicks me non-stop and with such ferocity that my shirt moves.  I love him/her and treasure each movement.  You would think that it gets tiring or irritating having something poke you from the inside out, but you'd be wrong.  It's awesome.

Speaking of awesome...
This is the most laid back fella the world has ever known.  Finley rarely barks, sniffs and licks each treat (i like to think he's just tasting it for flavor) before he puts it in his mouth, spends at least 5 hours each day under the bed, makes you work for every tail wag, hides if he hears yelling, cries when he sees dogs he can't meet, and only really shows enthusiasm when he sees the leashes come out.  I love this dog.  I love that it looks like he's wearing eye liner and has a dirty sanchez.  I love that he digs in the toy basket until he finds a scrap of a toy that Trinity destroyed and carries it around like lost treasure.  He is such a good dog.  Finley, I'm sorry Milo and Trinity are so needy they sometimes steal your attention.  I'm excited for you to meet this baby, whom I know you'll love and who will love your sweet face. 

I have had some real fun lately!  Our girls trip, which was named Ladies of the Lake 2011 (last year it was Pork-o Rico 2010) was a few weeks ago and I'm still feeling relaxed from the effects of it.  We rented a fantastic house on Lake LBJ, in the city of Kingsland.  A cute little city with a rundown HEB, a drive thru beer barn (we even saw the Sheriff driving through, yes - in his cop car), a well-known Mexican restaurant that it's in a storage facility (clearly they haven't had delicious Mexican food, as the food here was average), and their claim to fame - an old restaurant/house where the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre was filmed.  I wish I had pictures, but I suck at that.  I also can't figure out how to steal the pics that anyone else posted.  So I'll just give you this, I found this series of pics on my phone when I got back from the trip.
Love you Amy!! 

I wonder if you can link to someone else's Facebook album?  Click here to test it out.

I also went to my first Jewish wedding of a good friend.  Of course I don't have pictures of that either.  But let me tell you, they can surely party like rockstars.  Congrats Joel & Molly!

No comments:

Post a Comment