Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Spagetti Squash?

Hello Baby.

This week we celebrate this baby (finally) hitting 1 lb!  22 weeks and around 12 inches long, crazy.  I think spagetti squash is usually yellow, but whatev couldn't find another picture with a ruler.

This past week Chris and I tackled some serious feats. 

First, I guess I get most of the credit for this one, I donned a swimsuit and went to the pool.  At first, I battled a feeling of such serious trashiness that I wouldn't remove the cover.  But you wouldn't believe how convincing 105 degrees can be to shed clothing. 

Second, we registered.  Good lord.  We started at BuyBuyBaby, which I have to say is a fantastic place to register.  Here is the only time you'll here me say it, but I'd much prefer if you're buying us a gift that it come from here.  It's got a big selection, well organized, easy to manuever.  Babies R Us was our next stop, disaster.  I couldn't find anything, I was sweating (the store was like 85 degrees!), so we gave up pretty quickly.  Needless to say, we half assed it there.  :)  Registering for a baby isn't nearly as much fun as registering for your wedding.  Mostly because while I'll be using all these items, I have no clue what 75% of them do.  I can't picture a life where we need so much stuff!!  Anyway, it's done - thank God. 
Here are the websites in case you're feeling generous - http://www.buybuybaby.com/ and http://www.babiesrus.com/.  And in case we just met and you didn't know this, my last name is hyphenated so you have to look us up by either Jessica Orsino (easier than full hyphenation), Jessica Orsino-Jordan or Chris Jordan.  You will not find me under Jessica Jordan.  At first I was annoyed, but then I started feeling a little solidarity with these stores.  Thank you for realizing that my name isn't Jessica Jordan.  And it's not because I don't love my husband and his heritage - it's because I love my heritage more and well, let's be honest Jessica Jordan sounds like a stripper/cheerleader.

Last, we bought some fantastic outdoor furniture!  And put it together.  We have finally started to figure out how to work together on projects like this, after 12 years.  Anyway, it's awesome and really makes our backyard (new patio & all) a fantastic place to hang out.

On the baby front, I'm feeling a little behind that we haven't done anything to it's room.  Well, unless you count cramming in a ton of crap in the closet.  I feel kind of overwhelmed and I don't honestly know where to start.  Maybe this is why I haven't done anything?  Ah well, it'll happen soon enough I'm sure.

Happy Tuesday!  2 days until our girls trip to the lake!

No comments:

Post a Comment