Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Crotch Care 101?

That's the title of the email I just received from thebump.com.  There were a number of things that startled me about this particular article....

Here's an excerpt:

"Your due date is coming on quick,  (is it?!  I feel like I have a ton of time.)  You have burp cloths. (um, no)You have safety Q-tips. (what is this?!)  You have 12 brands of diaper rash cream and three newborn-sized bathrobes with matching slippers. (no again I'm afraid)  There's no question you're prepared for baby's arrival... (actually I think it's clear that I'm not at all prepared for this baby's arrival)  but are you ready for all that other stuff that happens after delivery? (You know, to your vagina. And perineum. And rectum.)"

Oh my god.  I'm not even sure I could find my perineum, if somehow it resulted in winning a million dollars.


I'm in a world of trouble.

2 comments:

  1. Hahah, my e-mail from thebump was pretty similar. I guess they send out the same basic message no matter how far along you are. The excerpt:

    "Dying to know if your, um, lady parts will ever be the same after delivery?"

    As of this moment, no thank you. I still gag at the thought of smelling the contents of my refrigerator, let alone thinking about how my "lady parts" will be damaged goods after birth.

    ReplyDelete