Tuesday, May 31, 2011

What is a turnip?

Why do they keep picking fruits and vegetables that I've never heard of?  What is a turnip exactly?  Another thing I read, said it's an onion so I'll just go with that.

I cannot believe I'm already 17 weeks along.  It's funny how time goes by so quickly and yet so so slow.  Well, people it's happened.  My first pregnancy puke.  Apparently my gag reflex is VERY sensitive because while brushing my teeth I made my self blow my breakfast.  Not just once, but about 5 times.  Once I gagged once, my gag reflex just kept right on triggering itself.  I was worried the madness wouldn't stop, but then it did and life went on as normal.

I am 9 days away from our Alaskan cruise!!  I am so so ready to relax while looking at the most spectacular views on earth.  Eating dinner for an entire week buffet style should do wonders for my weight gain.  :)  Alaska is truly a beautiful place and I am so excited to see it again.  A huge (words can't express) thank you to my grandparents who made this trip possible for Chris and I!  Their generosity is beyond measure.  Thank you.  I will be eating my weight (which is up there now) in seafood, mercury be damned!  I'm sorry, I can't travel to Alaska and not eat king crab, fish & chips and clam chowder.  I promise that it'll only last a week.

We have our 18 week "anatomy" sonogram in a week.  Most people think the anatomy sonogram is just to find out the sex, but actually it's to measure all of baby's limbs, heart, organs, etc.  I'm excited to see the turnip/onion again and I hope he/she dances for Chris like it danced for me last time.  The urge to find out the sex is there, very prominently.  Time will tell if Chris and I can hold out for another 20 weeks.

On another front, the plagues have passed and I am feeling GREAT!!  I'm excited to start exercising again, after not being able to gather any will to do anything more than walk for the past 4 weeks or so.  Unfortunately, it's hot as blazes outside so I'll have to keep my exercising secluded to the gym.  GTL, after all.  Yes, I watched the first season of Jersey Shore.

Here is another picture of my bump!  I think it's been about a month since the last one.  I'll include two, one of just the bump and the other with a glimpse of the bump and a great pic of Milo's squishy face.

No comments:

Post a Comment