Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I have got the plague, or the baby is trying to kill me. Maybe it's a vampire/wolf crossbreed?

This week when I received my normal weekly update of things that the baby has done, that my body will be doing, and things I'm supposed to be feeling - I found it eerily accurate.

I can in fact feel (and see) where my uterus is growing.  I AM having frequent nosebleeds thanks to my blood volume doubling.  Yes, my boobs don't hurt so bad I want to cry (thank you god).  My head does in fact pound to the brink of crying nearly every hour of every day (again thanks to blood volume).  Yep, I pee 3 times a night.  I do have more energy, unfortunately most of it is used to consume large amounts of food.

Growing a human is hard work.  Don't let anyone tell you any different.  Yes, yes - it is a joy and a blessing but it is also HARD WORK.

I think Chris and I have finally decided on names, 80% decided.  And no, we won't be telling you.  :)  We've been making up excuses like, oh we haven't decided yet, or ya we're still tossing them around.  But the truth is, we just aren't telling.  Again, I'd like to reiterate that I like secrets and no you won't be the only one I tell.  Sorry, you'll just have to wait.  And no, the baby isn't likely to be named after you - whomever you are.

The best part of pregnancy so far:
serious answer:  Chris' excitement - I cannot express enough how much I love him and how truly perfectly matched we are.  He's the only one for me.
real answer:  elastic waist band pants

The worst part of pregnancy so far:
serious answer:  The constant and never ending fear that something will go wrong.
real answer:  digestion - everything about digestion has been difficult.  From finding something to eat, to the weight gain it causes, to heartburn, to nausea from not having something to digest, frequent pees, and more - digestion is a battle I am not winning.

Last, random pictures:
This week's flowers from Chris.  :)
Little trin sleeping crazy.
Praise god for this little laid back red dog.  Finley.
Milo loves pillows.

No comments:

Post a Comment