Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I just ate a burrito, but have no clue what was in it.

I guess I'm officially pregnant.  I'm usually picky about things like that, but not today!  Today I plowed through that whole thing without batting an eye.  Are those yellow bits egg or corn?  Who cares.

Sexy.

Yesterday, Chris and I had date night...to a maternity store.  Do you see a trend of lameness in today's stories on this blog?  I have a few questions about maternity clothes. 
1.  Why are there so many horizontal stripes?!  I have read & heard from a very young age that horizontal stripes make you look wider, why in the hell do I want to look wider when I'm already the widest I've EVER been?!
2.  I would NEVER spend $80 on a pair of jeans.  So, you can safely assume that I would NEVER EVER buy a pair of $80 jeans with a stretch panel to fit over my pooch.  Can someone please open a Ross Maternity?
3.  Could you please dim the lights in the dressing room?  Nothing makes me put an article of clothing in the NO pile faster than a bright flourescent light illuminating how pale it makes my face look and how clearly I can see how gigantic my ass is.  NO ONE wants to see themselves that clearly.
4.  Why would I EVER wear pajamas that matched my baby?  Ever.  Seriously, why?

Needless to say, I spent more money at the maternity store than I have on clothes combined in the past year.  I'd feel worse about it if I didn't earn $90 in gift cards from the purchase.  So I'll be back to spend my $90 in a few months when I've outgrown this first set of horizontal striped t-shirts.  Perhaps the worst/best part of my shopping spree is that my co-workers all noticed immediately.  My boss said "You look good, not like the past few weeks when it looked like you've rolled out of bed and put on the biggest thing you have."  Thanks??  Sigh.  I guess the investment paid off, I apparently look human today.  It was hard not to retort with "Oh, I rolled out of bed and put this on too.  See, my hair is still wet...at 9:40 am."  I'll keep that little nugget to myself.

And because no one wants to read a blog without pictures...here's my booty (as in what I bought, not my actually booty).

No comments:

Post a Comment