Monday, May 23, 2011

Nobody likes a complainer

Nobody.

But...seriously - can I please stop getting sick.  I thought the 2nd trimester was supposed to be easy?!  So far, I'm plagued with nosebleeds, congestion, pink eye (yes, in both eyes), and headaches.  Not to mention, I HATE sleeping on my side.  I finally had a normal night of sleep last night.  Thank you baby jesus.

But, nobody likes a complainer.  I know I'm lucky that I haven't been that sick.  I am also very lucky to have a healthy baby & pregnancy, so far.  But make no mistake about it, pregnancy isn't a walk in the park!!  There is a touch of guilt in telling you these things, because I don't want you to think I'm not grateful or excited.  It's just, in your head before conception, you have an idea of what pregnancy will be like and then post conception you learn what pregnancy is really like.  :)  Who are these people that love being pregnant?!  Sadist.  Just kidding...maybe.

On another note, today - I feel fantastic.  I feel pretty good that this is the light at the end of the tunnel.  I always feel rejuvenated on the days I get to hear the wee one's heart beat.  What a joy that sound is.  I could literally (say it like Rob Lowe on Parks & Rec) listen to it all day.  I love you baby.

I have a much more open view of having a daughter too.  I think this is because we spent some time this weekend with a sweet set of girl twins.  They were so cute and so lovable.  I was wrong about being convinced I wanted a boy.  I'll be overwhelmed with joy at whatever we get.  I am pretty sure Chris feels the same.  We have a sonogram scheduled for two weeks and I have to admit I am fighting the urge to find out what it is.  This is going to take some serious reserve to resist the urge.  I think it'll be worth the wait though.  I keep picturing the joy of finding out, just Chris and I (and an army of hospital personnel) at the birth.

Two fun things happened that I've forgotten to tell you about.

First, our baby got its first package in the mail.
It was a pair of bibs and a blanket that my sweet Granny made.  I love her!
And we bought a sweet dresser for the baby's room.  I love the sleek 70s design to this.  I got some cute number drawer pulls that will make it so awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment