Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Alaska, Sarah Palin and 20 weeks!

I knew that Sarah Palin reference would get your attention.  More about her later...

Chris and I just got back from our trip to Alaska.  That part of the country (really it should be part of Canada) is just so beautiful.  I've been to AK before, but not to the lower part.  It is all pretty, but I have to say - the more North you go, the better.  We visited Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Prince Rupert, BC.  We also spent a few days in Seattle (which would be my dream city if the sun came out more).  Here is a 5 point summary of our trip:
1.  I probably won't cruise again.  I like to experience local places, people and restaurants.  This is very hard to accomplish when traveling with 5,000 other people.
2.  I had the best meal of my life, or at least since the last time I had Alaskan King Crab.  I hope that each of you get to experience this delicious, delicious meal.  I want to shed a tear just thinking about it.  Yum-o.
3.  Alaska is cold.  Seattle is cloudy.
4.  It was so fun to spend time with my family.  We are so grateful for this opportunity.  So, so grateful.
5.  Next time half my family is upgraded to a penthouse, I will fight harder to get one too.

Now, some pictures:
Random giant mountain coming out of the sky through the clouds.  Taken from the plane.  There were a ton of mountains, but this is the only one that made it through the clouds. 
Ketchikan, AK 

Mountains and pieces of glacier.
Sawyer Glacier
That's right - a Sarah Palin store.  Skagway, AK  I went in and gawked at the tourists.  People actually like her here.  I nearly died from shock and disgust.
Good lord.

The shipment of 35 lbs of Salmon that's in our freezer now.  Chris caught it off the coast of Ketchikan.
I stole this one from the cruise ship.  It's a picture of a picture.  The small asian man working the desk reprimanded us, but we can't be stopped.

Oh and when we got back (Saturday) - I felt the baby kick!  I've been feeling it a ton lately, which is awesome and totally freaky.  Each time I feel it, I experience such a sense of joy (and bafflement - is that word?).  Sometimes I poke back, just to let him/her know who runs the show.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha that's hilarious! And you look so beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete