Tuesday, June 7, 2011

18 weeks!

We made a playlist for the baby last night.  People always find it strange that I don't listen to music or really enjoy it unless it is a very specific occasion.  However, this isn't something that I want to pass along to my offspring, so I've made a concerted effort to introduce new music to it.  The problem is:  I don't know music.  This is where Chris comes in.  Here is a sampling of the baby's playlist:
1. And It Spread - Avett Brothers
2.  Helicopter - Bloc Party
3.  Jacksonville - Sufjan Stevens
4.  Gentle Moon - Sun Kil Moon
5.  That's Not My Name - The Ting Tings
6.  North Texas Fight Song (Chris is trying to squeeze in some subliminal messaging)
7.  I Hope - Dixie Chicks (one of my only additions)
8.  Can't You See - The Marshall Tucker Band
9.  All My Days - Away We Go Soundtrack

Honestly, I have only heard of a handful of these bands.  But, I think the music is working.  I'm about 70% sure I felt the baby move last night during its first jam session.  I'm happy to report that the movement first occured during the Dixie Chicks.  That's a good baby.

We got some new pictures, so here you go.  No I still can't decipher head or hind of 80% of these so I'll only include the most obvious one.  Here s/he is waving!
On another note, we had a beautiful flagstone put in over the weekend.  It is AWESOME!
I have never haggled more with a company than Home Depot in the past few weeks.  I was there on one of my weekly negotiations when I spotted this - LOVE.
He couldn't be bothered with a shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment