Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Single digits...less than 9 weeks to go.

I know that it should not come as a surprise that this baby's arrival is imminent, but it is.  Sometimes, when I wake out of a deep sleep it hits me that I'm pregnant, now VERY pregnant and I laugh.  Then I laugh again when I try to get out of bed to pee...for the 3rd time.  I sort of have to rock myself off of the mattress onto my feet.  I am glad there are no mirrors in the bedroom because I am pretty positive the whole ordeal is very unattractive.

Here are some things I miss:
1.  Seeing my feet
2.  Being able to put my underwear on without falling over
3.  Chai lattes
4.  99% of my wardrobe
5.  Sitting indian style in my desk chair (of course this could be less about the baby and more about the growing size of my thighs)
6.  Going more than 14 days without being weighed in and judged like the cows at the county fair

Here are some things I love:
1.  All the sympathy I get for carrying this baby in such a hot summer, it doesn't make me any less sweaty but it feels nice to be recognized
2.  Feeling the baby move or hiccup, this will never get old or less amazing
3.  His room
4.  Getting gifts  :)  I'm sure this makes me sound selfish, but I do love it - I don't care what you think.
5.  Starting to plan for 3 months off work - hooray!!
6.  Folding all his little clothes and being amazed that anything that small has ever existed
7.  That I have finally been able to sit outside without danger of heat stroke
8.  High school football (ok it isn't baby related, but I do love it

Something I do not love:
1.  The guy at the office that clips his finger nails MAYBE even his toes - AT HIS DESK.

Funny questions/conversations/statements I've had/heard lately:
"Rikki Lake had some seriously dark nipples during pregnancy." - wha?!
"Jewish people wouldn't drive a Mercedes, it's like telling Hitler you love him" - loose translation
"We'll need to leave Lamaze class early in order to get to the UNT game.  I doubt we'll miss anything" - I love my husband
"Everyone loves a poop story" - not true

Cheers to 62 more days of pregnancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment