Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Our baby, the jicama?



Why would anyone compare our sweet baby to this horrible potato, onion fruit thing?  The fruit and vegetable comparisons were funny at first, but this one just kind of irritates me.  8 weeks and 8 random fruit to go.

I feel like each week that I celebrate this baby's growth it becomes more and more like my 16th birthday. I wait for nearly a year anticipating this day, knowing that it will forever change my life.  Time drags on, my friends have their big days and then FINALLY my day has come.  Or at least it will eventually.  I know, just like when I woke up on that fantastic day and drove my first solo route to school - it would never be the same.  I hope there are signs cheering me on the entire route, just like when I was 16 and my mom painstakingly posted words of encouragement all along that route to school.  I can't wait.  56 days to go!

Chris and I had our first lamaze class, which was really, really fun.  Here are the highlights in no particular order:
1.  The gigantic mexican guy next to us falling asleep (and snoring) during the birth video.  How someone can sleep through that carnage is beyond me.
2.  The guy on our other side asking the teacher if there will be a full or queen bed in the recovery room...for him.
3.  Our teachers nipples making an appearance throughout the day, sometimes both - sometimes just one.  I guess it was a little cold in there.
4.  Chris having to rub me with all kind of fantastic things, incuding but not limited to a paint brush roller.  He did at some point ask when we would reverse it and the pregnant women would rub their husbands, to which I replied, like any woman would "when you push a watermelon out of your vagina."
5.  Chris asking me on the way out "So you're going to get an epidural right?  That seems like the way to go."

Now, some pictures:

 My view from the toilet.  I can't imagine why she looks so miserable?
 A very special gift....
 from 3 very special dogs.  I'm still trying to figure out which one typed the order in online.
I pretend to hate football Sunday, but really it's kind of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment