Thursday, April 5, 2012

Tornados, root canals and dieting - oh my!

My apologies to the 3 faithful people that read this blog, life has kind of gotten away from me lately so I'm only averaging one post a month these days.

The only thing the 3 things in the title have in common is that I've experienced all three and my dislike for all three are as strong as ever.  It must be because of those 4 hours I spent huddled in the boys bathroom in 2nd grade that has made me so terrified of tornados.  I'll cry at the sound of the tornado siren.  This dispells my theory that the things I do can't possibly screw Tyler up too bad.  I'm in trouble.  As for my hatred towards root canals and dieting, I think those are self explanatory.

Have any of you watched Downton Abbey?  If not, I highly recommend it.  There is something about posh British people that make me so happy.  Thank you to Kelli for her continued solid recommendations, as long as you don't count So you think you can dance.  Sorry Kel!  :)

I'm getting ready to head to Tyler's first easter egg hunt.  Technically, he'll be sitting on a blanket with me watching other kids hunt easter eggs, but potato potatoe.  Chris and I recently missed (we really tried!) our church's picnic and easter egg hunt.  I cried when we drove up an hour late to find everyone packing up.  I have this strange desire to make sure that Tyler experiences everything possible and that he experiences it with his parents.  I really want to create traditions and experiences that he'll look back on with love.  Of course, I realize that he's 4 1/2 months old and won't remember any of it...but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Speaking of the sweetest baby alive, he just started rolling over.  He's gone front to back and back to front recently although he seems to have mastered back to front a bit faster.  It's so funny what you'll celebrate your child doing as a parent.  Eachtime he does it we laugh and cheer.  I love that little squishy fella more than anything in the world.

Here's proof that he's GOT to be the cutest thing ever!
He's working hard at his Dad's office.  So hard he lost his shirt...
Sidenote:  Just looking at this picture makes me want to squeeze his fat little body!

3 comments:

  1. i just have to say, so you think you can dance is the best show ever.

    and my what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. we'll have to agree to disagree!

    btw, can you kindly restock the hershey kisses in your desk drawer? pretty please?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    I also must agree with Ashley that I still say SYTYCD is awesome, but glad we can agree on Downton Abbey. I have been dreaming about it!

    ReplyDelete