Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Parenting: The best club I never signed up for

Now that I'm a parent, I have started noticing all kinds of new things like:
1.  How much I love reading articles/blogs about the antics of children (case and point:  http://jasongood.net/365/2011/11/day-319-self-help-advice-from-a-2-year-old/ - thank you Elizabeth! and http://thestir.cafemom.com/baby/116998/lesson_12_working_moms_vs)
2.  How I won't even HESITATE to wipe cream all over Tyler's butt or pick a giant booger from his nose
3.  The joy of eating 2/3rds of my dinners cold
4.  The spacial arrangement of restaurants, stores, everywhere.  Will I hit every table with my car seat and can I squeeze the stroller through there?
5.  Turns out I can live on nearly no sleep and go 2 days between showers
6.  We are now those people that rush home at 6:30pm no matter where we are, bc god forbid our son go to bed late.  Neither of us want to pay the price of baby sleep deprivation
7.  I no longer like sunrises.  At all.  Ever.

Tyler's baptism is this weekend (Make sure child gets into heaven - check) and Chris isn't too fond of his little outfit.  Actually, I'm not so sure Ty's too fond of it either...

I love how his body goes head then shoulders, the kid has no neck to speak of.  Or, maybe those cheeks are masking the neck beneath.


See, everyone likes puffy sleeves.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler could NOT be any cuter! I always enjoy your posts and they'll be fun to look back at later. Here's one from my list: I'll NEVER EVER mind waiting in a doctor's office again-no matter how long-as long as I don't have a kiddo in tow.

    ReplyDelete