Friday, November 4, 2011

Baby? No, gallstone.

The joys of pregnancy continue with a surprise painful visit from a gallstone (which is apparently a regular occurence during pregnancy).  I knew I wasn't in labor, but the pain was so bad I went in to the doctor and was promptly sent down to labor & delivery for monitoring.  I called Chris who of course was 40 miles away, but managed through some seriously illegal driving to arrive in about 25 minutes.  I'm not sure whether to be impressed or terrified.  I chose thankful.

Anyway, a few hours being monitored the gallstone passed and I was sent home.  I was hoping to convince the doctor that having the baby asap would help...but in all honesty the stone (or whatever it was) started to pass by the time she came around to see me. 

And so the wait continues...I like to try and guess when he'll come.  My new guess is that he'll come on my birthday just to spite me.  Chris is holding out for 11/11/11.

While hooked up to the monitor, we got to listen to his perfectly healthy beating heart for the entire time.  What a joy!  The doctor said he looked totally perfect and I wholeheartedly agree.

4 more days?  or maybe 13.  Soon enough.

J

Yes, it looks like I swallowed a beach ball....plus swollen man hands. 

Oh!  And I forgot to mention that (JOY) today is my last day of work until February!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  Now the fear of my water breaking during a meeting will finally subside.

No comments:

Post a Comment