Tuesday, November 15, 2011

The baby's coming! Someday.

Well friends, despite our best efforts, I am still pregnant. I love the lesson this little sugarplum is teaching us about patience and priorities. Thanks for the lesson son, but you're still undoubtedly grounded.

The pain of being this pregnant is substantial. The contractions are so uncomfortable but inconsistent so I know there isn't much progress. Which is fine because he's being forced out. We're checking into the hospital tomorrow afternoon with the anticipation that he'll be born on Thursday sometime. I'm all about taking the natural path but discomfort now outweighs everything but his health. Which is perfect said the doctor yesterday.

In the meantime, I'm still enjoying the time off at home. Today I cooked up 2 kinds of soup and a lasagna for when we get home. I've washed every surface, cleaned every dish and read to my little life changer each day. Chris and I have watched movies, gone to nice restaurants, and stayed out late to our hearts content. I'm ready. My body is ready. Our house is ready. Family and friends are ready. Let's do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment