Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Oh the places I've breastfed...

1.  next to a teenager on an airplane
2.  in a car, while he was in his car seat (the reality was much, much more awkward then you can picture)
3.  airport bathroom, while standing
4.  airport bathroom, while sitting - ew and ew-er
5.  restaurant (this isn't unusual but its become tricky since all he wants to do is pull the hooter hider over his head)

Traveling with a baby has the potential to be a complete disaster, but I've only ever had pretty good experiences.  This doesn't include the terrible treatment by Delta staff.  All in all though, we travel pretty well I think.

We just returned from a 2 week tour of New York State that included: some good family time, one of my best friend's weddings and our first trip away from Tyler.  I wish I had more pictures!  I'm terrible at that.

In other news, after long discussions and many hours of careful consideration, I'm leaving my full time job at United Way.  I've taken a part time job that will allow me to stay at home with Tyler during the day.  There are a lot of life changes all happening at once, but I'm excited.  We were relatively happy with our working situation and with daycare, but nothing beats (for us) the opportunity to be the one that teaches Tyler at home.  I'm nervous about providing him all the stimulation and experiences that he needs while juggling even a part time workload.  But I will do whatever it takes.  After all, becoming a mother makes you superhero.  I think my super power might just be juggling or eating and not gaining weight.  Okay, so it is definitely not the latter.

till next time...


1 comment:

  1. Haha, hooter hider! Never heard that one before. I'm so glad you decided to go for the part-time job! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete