Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Will I ever sleep again?

I'm afraid that the answer to this is no, so let's pretend this is a rhetorical question.

Poor Tyler caught his first cold (daycare super germ) so he's been having a really hard time at night.  It hurts me to hear him wheezing and coughing at night, so much that I start thinking the answer to all my problems is to invent something to give to babies to help cure the common cold.  I'll be rich then, so I can afford the bubble that I'd like to put my baby in for the rest of his life.  Don't worry, there will be a door so I can be in there too.  :)  But then I realize that he'll have no friends, no one likes bubble boy.

2:45 am = crazy thoughts

To all the moms out there that have cuddled their sick baby all night long, drug themselves out of the awkward position they've contorted their body into to provide the baby with maximum comfort, then gone to work to produce something that looks like you didn't spend the night shushing your sick child and dreaming of running a med lab (with your social work degree), you are my h e r o.  And more importantly, you are your baby's hero.  Make no mistake about it, you deserve a cape and a mask.

1 comment:

  1. You're funny my friend! This entry made me laugh out loud. I hope that sweet angel feels better soon. Just think of daycare supergerms as building his immune system big and strong!

    ReplyDelete