Thursday, December 22, 2011

Adventures in motherhood

I think the lack of sleep has finally gotten to me.  I was in the doctor's office earlier this week (just to let you know how crazy I am, I thought all day that today was Monday) and saw a pregnant girl....and I felt a tiny kick of envy.  DO NOT misunderstand me, I don't want to be pregnant.  But now that I know Tyler, I realize that all the discomfort was so worth it.  I stared at the girl and thought to myself, you have no idea how your life is about to change.  I envy that moment when she will meet her little one because that was the best moment of my life.  I will replay it in my mind a million times and each time my heart will swell with the joy and pride of it.

Motherhood is an adventure to say the least.  It's an adventure viewed through spit up colored glasses and I love it.  Tyler might be screaming at the top of his lungs, while his flailing arms hit me in my sore nipple, pooing on my 4th change of clothes and still my heart overflows.  I wouldn't call myself a mushy person (neither would those who know and love me) so you can imagine my surprise when motherhood turned me into a giant mushball. 

In other news, my new goal is to figure out a way to shower and brush my teeth in the same day.  I will also NOT wear stretchy pants at least one day this week.  Maybe, if I'm feeling adventurous, I'll even take my hair out of its ponytail this week.  Gasp.  Today when given the opportunity and time to cut my toenails (ew, they are out of control long) or eat a cookie and watch tv.  The cookie won.  There's always tomorrow...what day is it?  I should probably buy some christmas gifts.

I could brag about how extremely advanced and handsome our son is, but a picture is worth a thousand words. :)  So here are a few pictures that should equal a novel.


Fun with Grandpa


His first bath was an epic fail.

She wasn't crying, I promise.  He's clearly smitten.

One month old with his bf, sock monkey.  Thanks Aunt Virg!

I swear, he is the cutest baby ALIVE.

1 comment:

  1. Tyler is so handsome, Jessica! And I can totally relate to your comments about envying the pregnant girl...and wanting to relive that birth-moment over and over! I had those same feelings, and still do sometimes! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete